Design and Engineering
At PM Mold, our Engineering team utilizes state-of-the-art product and tool design technologies.
We strive to ensure our customers achieve a part design that is both economical and easy to manufacture. We understand that considerations such as the cost of materials, processing and assembly are directly impacted by the design of the product. For this reason, we offer Design for Manufacturability, or DFM, services early in the design process.
Working alongside the customer, our Engineers address each DFM principle as it pertains to the part requirements. Depending on the project at hand, certain considerations are made:
- How can we reduce the total number of molded parts?
- Can a modular design be developed?
- Can standard components be specified and used to cut costs and for ease of replacement?
- Venting and cooling options
- Can the part be designed so that secondary operations are minimized or eliminated?
To help find the answers, PM Mold offers internal and external Mold Flow Analysis during the DFM process to head any issues off before they happen and to optimize part production.
PM Mold accepts the following 3D file formats:
- Solid Works
- Pro E
- Catia v4 or v5
- Cadkey AutoCAD
- STEP files